Freezer Chicken Pot Pie
- Deep 9 inch Freezer Pie pan
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ½ garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cups milk (or sub unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 ½ cup frozen mixed veggies
- 1 box ready made crusts (2 in a box)
1. In a large skillet, melt butter.
2. Stir in the flour, salt, garlic salt, and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
3. Add the chicken and mixed veggies. Remove from heat.
- Line two 9-inch pie plates with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate.
- Fill pastry shells with chicken/veggie mixture.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pies.
- Cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry.
- Place over filling; trim, seal and style the edges.
- Cover and freeze remaining pot pie for up to 4 months.
- Thaw in fridge
- Cover edges of piecrust with foil; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes. let stand for 10 minutes before serving.