Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Coffee Table/Game Trunk

In our small house, I have learned that almost every piece of furniture need to do double duty if it is worth taking up a lot of room.  Functional with storage is the best find there is. 

 The boys learned how to play checker recently. My husband and I have loved playing with them and were looking for more games we could play together.  Most of  other our games were in the closet and not easy assess for the boys, so this was a perfect solution.   Then I saw this old trunk at a garage sale for $7.  The boys have played checkers or some type of board game almost every morning since I finished it.  I don't have a great before picture because I didn't really know how it would turn out.


Materials Used:

  • Old Trunk
  • Acrylic Antique White Paint and Brushes
  • Painter's tape for squares
  • Acrylic Sealer (2 to 3 coats)




No comments:

Post a Comment